Nothing makes the Winter Blues go away faster than helping out two great organizations at once! That’s why Slow Food DC has paired up with DC’s Bread for the City to host our Bid Away the Winter Blues Fundraiser and Auction! Thursday, February 23, Slow Food DC will be hosting this event at the Bread for the City’s Northwest Location.
Bid your winter blues away at our silent auction while enjoying catering from DC Central Kitchen’s Fresh Start Catering and complimentary wine tasting.
So far, we have a wonderful assortment of items to bid on, including:
- Wine tastings at Barrel Oak Winery and Cobbler Mountain Cellars
- Gift Basket from White House Meats
- Pasta making class at Seasonal Pantry
- A whole hog BBQ from Friends & Food International
- Dinner for two at Watty & Meg restaurant in Cobble Hill, Brooklyn NY
- Chinese Yixing teapot by necessiteas
- Many more wonderful food-related items and activities.
Don’t pass up this opportunity!
Bread for the City’s mission is to provide vulnerable residents of Washington, DC, with comprehensive services, including food, clothing, medical care, and legal and social services, in an atmosphere of dignity and respect. They have been most generous in providing Slow Food DC with space to hold our monthly board meetings and this is a chance for us to give back.