Starting tomorrow, Brooklyn Brewery’s Mash tour comes to DC for the second time in a year! This week-long traveling festival celebrates what’s new and exciting in food, film, comedy, music, books and beer. Throughout the week, Brooklyn Brewery will be collaborating with local chefs, artists and craft brewers to offer unique dinners, entertainment experiences, beer tastings and general fun. And the best part is: a portion of all proceeds go to Slow Food DC!
This time around, events include a farm dinner, a Slow Supper, a film festival, a night of standup comedy, a craft brewing discussion, a concert, and a number of demonstrations and tastings all around town. Brooklyn Brewery guest chefs Hiyaw Gebreyohannes and Andrew Gerson, along with others will be working throughout the week with local partners such as Georges Mill Farm, City Tap House, Atlas Brew Works, Whole Foods P Street, The Coupe, Red Rocks Bistro, E Street Cinema, and the Rock & Roll Hotel.
Visit the Brooklyn Brewery Mash DC website to find out more about each event and buy your tickets. A full listing is also provided below.
D.C. Mash Tour Schedule
Saturday, May 31, 2014:
Eat, Drink & Learn at Whole Foods P Street
- What and Who: Chefs Hiyaw Gebreyohannes & Andrew Gerson pair Hiyaw’s Taste Of Ethiopia line of prepared foods with a full array of Brooklyn beers. They’ll have a full stock of the Brooklyn Brewery portfolio so you can bring your favorite pairings home with you.
- Where: Whole Foods P Street, 1440 P St NW, Washington, DC
- When: Starts at 4:00 PM
Sunday, June 1, 2014:
Dinner on the Farm with Chef Andrew Gerson
- What and Who: Our week of cultural happenings gets off and running with this agrarian dining experience. Through roaming culinary events, Dinner on the Farm works to connect people back to the land and to the farmers and artisans who are making our communities a better place to live. There will be a tour of Georges Mill Farm, a feast prepared in collaboration with Chef Hiyaw Gebreyohannes and Chef Patrick Dinh, live music by Jake & the Burtones, local artisans Craft Kombucha, Lulu’s Ice Cream & Radius Pizza, and beer for all.
- Where: Georges Mill Farm, 11873 Georges Mill Rd, Lovettsville, VA
- When: Starts at 3:00 PM (Tickets: $55)
Monday, June 2, 2014:
- What and Who: All week during The Brooklyn Brewery Mash we’ll be taking over taps around the city, pouring our favorite, rarest and newest beers. In D.C., we’re planning an all-out assault on City Tap House’s tap system. We’ll be pouring Perennial, Seasonal & rare beers at the bar, including vintage Monster Ale, Mary’s Maple Porter, and more. Check back for the full line-up and be sure to show up early.
- Where: City Tap House, 901 9th Street NW, Washington, D.C.
- When: Starts at 7:00 PM
Tuesday, June 3, 2014:
Craft Beer Revolution with Atlas Brew Works, DC Brau & Brooklyn Brewery
- What and Who: Twenty-five years into running one of the top craft breweries in America, Brooklyn Brewery co-founder Steve Hindy looks back with his fellow craft beer comrades to discuss the circumstances and ambitions that allowed a handful of individuals across the country to challenge one of the largest corporate dynasties in American history. Steve joins us on The Mash, discussing his book and the beer scenes of each city we visit with the people who helped create it. Joining Steve will be Justin Cox and Will Durgin of Atlas Brew Works, Brandon Skall and Jeff Hancock of DC Brau, and Chris Van Orden of DC Beer.
- Where: Atlas Brew Works, 2052 West Virginia Ave NE #102, Washington, D.C.
- When: Starts at 7:00 PM (Tickets: $6)
Brooklyn Ha Ha: NYC Stand-up with Josh Gondelman, Jeff Maurer & Rahmein Mostafavi
- What and Who: In true Brooklyn style, Brooklyn Ha Ha introduces some of the NYC standup scene’s best under-the-radar talent and brings their act to the Red Rocks Bistro.
- Where: Red Rocks Bistro, 1348 H St NE, Washington, D.C.
- When: Doors at 9:00 PM (Tickets: $6)
Wednesday, June 4, 2014:
MASH EDU: Beer & Spice, Making Nice
- What and Who: Perhaps you’ve just been turned on to the art of pairing beer and food. Perhaps you’re an old hand at joining together the world’s most versatile beverage and your favorite dish. Either way, Brooklyn Brewery Chef Andrew Gerson will impart some of the knowledge he’s picked up while touring and collaborating with some of the most exciting chefs in the U.S.
- Where: The Coupe, 3415 11th St NW, Washington, D.C.
- When: Starts at 6:00 PM (Tickets: Free with RSVP)
Thursday, June 5, 2014:
Found Footage Festival
- What and Who: The Found Footage Festival celebrates its tenth anniversary with a brand-new show and DVD (Volume 7). Hosts Nick Prueher and Joe Pickett, whose credits include The Onion and the Late Show with David Letterman, are excited to show off their new lineup of found video clips and live comedy.
- Where: E Street Cinema, 555 11th St NW #2, Washington, D.C.
- When: Starts at 8:00 PM (Tickets: $12)
Friday, June 6, 2014:
Slow Supper with Dinner Lab
- What and Who: This pop-up dinner party, hosted in a unique, non-traditional location, embodies The Mash. In each city we visit, we bring together some of our favorite people around a common table to share cuisine crafted by Brooklyn Brewery Chef Andrew Gerson & Dinner Lab Chef Jacob Cureton, paired with Brooklyn beer styles both familiar and rare.
- Where: Surprise location, announced day-of
- When: Starts at 7:00 PM (Tickets: $65)
Saturday, June 7, 2014:
MASH EDU: Homebrewer Edition
- What and Who: Most brewers get their start with a humble homebrew they concocted in a small kitchen or garage. Hobbyists across the globe have been pushing the boundaries on the methodology and science of what it means to brew a beer. In every city the Mash stops in, we are partnering with the home brew shops and collectives that are doing their best to spread the good word of beer. We’ll be having seminars and walkthroughs by experienced professional amateurs on all the trials and tribulations of home-brewing.
- Where: 3 Stars Brewing Company, 6400 Chillum Place NW, Washington, D.C.
- When: Starts at 2:00 PM (Tickets: TBA)
Mash Bash with The Men, Passing Phases & Heavy Breathing
- What and Who: We’re bringing everything we find exciting about the Brooklyn music and arts scene out for one night in an explosion of sound and color. There will be a local food truck on hand to fill our bellies and plenty of Brooklyn cans at the bar to throw at the acts we find lackluster. On stage in D.C. we’re bringing together Brooklynite punk rockers The Men, as well as hometown favorites Passing Phases & Heavy Breathing. Expect to sweat. A lot.
- Where: Rock & Roll Hotel, 1353 H Street N.E, Washington, D.C.
- When: Doors at 8:00 PM (Tickets: $5)