Time: Wednesday, November 3 · 5:30pm – 8:30pm
Location: Poste Moderne Brasserie, 555 – 8th Street, NW, Washington DC
Slow Food DC will host an animal roast at Poste Moderne Brasserie featuring a variety of roasted meats provided by Eco-Friendly Foods, and prepared by area chefs. At the courtyard event, the organization will announce their “Slow Food DC Snail of Approval” program, which identifies local establishments that exemplify the Slow Food mission: good, clean, and fair food.
At the kick-off event, guests will enjoy samples of assorted roasts provided by Eco-Friendly Foods. As well as specialty desserts and cocktails. The menu will feature:
- Roasted Pig prepared by Chef Robert Weland of Poste Brasserie
- Roasted Goat prepared by Chef Barry Koslow of Tallula and EatBar
- Roasted Lamb prepared by Chef Drew Trautmann
- Cocktails prepared by Mixtress Gina Chersevani of PS 7′s
- Desserts prepared by Pastry Chef Alison Reed of Cafe Saint-Ex
The $25 ticket price (in advance, $30 at the door – cash only) entitles guests to a tasting of each roast and dessert, along with two drink tickets for wine, beer or cocktails. Additional drink tickets will be available for purchase for $5, and all proceeds will go to the Snail of Approval program and the DC Farm to School Network.
The DC Slow Food Snail of Approvals aim to:
• Recognize and celebrate eateries and artisans that serve/provide good, clean, fair food to our community.
• Spread awareness of the Slow Food philosophy and the establishments that support it.
For more information on the Snail of Approval check out:
To buy advance tickets: