From our Sept 2017 SFDC newsletter… Recipe adapted from Swiss Chard Pesto Pasta. Serves 4 as a sauce.
- 2 large garlic cloves
- 2 cups packed chopped Swiss chard leaves
- 1/2 cup chopped almonds or walnuts
- 1/4 cup freshly grated parmesan and pecorino cheese
- additional parmesan shaved with a vegetable peeler
- 1/4 cup flat-leaf parsley leaves
- 1/4 cup olive oil
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
Pulse garlic in a food processor to chop.
Add chard, nuts, cheese, and parsley and pulse until finely chopped.
Scrape down inside of bowl. Add oil, salt, and pepper and process just until smooth.
Serve with pasta/polenta/toast and shaved parmesan.
Have a great seasonal recipe you’d like to share? Send it our way — it may end up featured in an upcoming newsletter!