This recipe comes from food educator and SFDC board member, Ibti Vincent, who whipped up a batch at the Snail winning Crossroads Farmers Market during their National Farmers Market Week celebration! It was featured in our August 2015 SFDC newsletter.
- 1/2 red watermelon, chopped into bite-sized pieces
- 1/2 yellow watermelon, chopped into bite-sized pieces
- 1/2 cantaloupe, chopped into bite-sized pieces
- 1-2 peaches or a pint of berries, chopped into bite-sized pieces
- 1 handful fresh basil and mint leaves, chopped into thin ribbons
- 1 block feta cheese, crumbled or chopped
- 1 tsp honey
- zest and juice from 1 lime
- 2-3 tsp olive oil
- fresh pepper, to taste
Whisk together dressing, then toss with remaining ingredients.
Keeps in the fridge for a couple of days…if you can resist devouring the whole bowl that long.
We try to feature a delicious new recipe in each newsletter. If you would like to have one shared with the SFDC community, please send it to firstname.lastname@example.org and we’ll see what we can do.