WHAT: Slow Food DC will host an animal roast at Poste Moderne Brasserie featuring a variety of roasted meats provided by Eco-Friendly Foods, and prepared by area chefs. At the courtyard event, the organization will announce their “Slow Food DC Snail of Approval” program, which identifies local establishments that exemplify the Slow Food mission: good, clean, and fair food.
At the kick-off event, guests will enjoy samples of assorted roasts provided by Eco-Friendly Foods. As well as specialty desserts and cocktails. The menu will feature:
- Roasted Pig prepared by Chef Robert Weland of Poste Brasserie
- Roasted Goat prepared by Chef Barry Koslow of Tallula and EatBar
- Roasted Lamb prepared by Chef Drew Trautmann
- Cocktails prepared by Mixtress Gina Chersevani of PS 7’s
- Desserts prepared by Pastry Chef Alison Reed of Cafe Saint-Ex
The $25 ticket price (in advance, $30 at the door – cash only) entitles guests to a tasting of each roast and dessert, along with two drink tickets for wine, beer or cocktails. Additional drink tickets will be available for purchase for $5, and all proceeds will go to the Snail of Approval program and the DC Farm to School Network. Advance tickets are available at http://www.mycommunitytickets.com/organization_info.asp?orgid=1260
Nominations for the Snail of Approval can be made by members and supporters of the Slow Food movement using a simple form on Slow Food DC’s website www.slowfooddc.org. A panel comprised of chefs, culinary professionals and industry representatives will judge the award submissions. Slow Food DC will award the first round of Snail of Approval stickers in 2011.
The DC Slow Food Snail of Approvals aims to:
- Recognize and celebrate eateries and artisans that serve and provide good, clean and fair food to our community.
- Spread awareness of the Slow Food philosophy and the establishments that support it.
- Slow Food DC
- Chefs Rob Weland, Barry Koslow, Drew Trautmann and Alison Reed. Mixtress Gina Chersevani
- Eco-Friendly Foods
WHEN: Wednesday, November 3, 2010, 5:30 – 8:30 p.m.
WHERE: Poste Moderne Brasserie’s Courtyard
555 8th Street, NW, Washington, DC 20004
ABOUT SNAIL OF APPROVAL
The Snail of Approval is Slow Food DC’s way of recognizing the food-related providers that are making significant contributions to the transformation of our food system to one that is good, clean and fair. In order to help guide DC patrons and visitors to food that is good, clean and fair, Slow Food DC will award the Snail of Approval to those artisans and eateries who contribute to the quality, authenticity and sustainability of the food we eat and the beverages we drink in the City of Washington, DC and surrounding areas.